Today we are going to check out 30 best root apps. Since I have a huge list, I’m not going to explain each and every feature of the apps that are featured in this post.So, If you want to know more about any of the apps that I mentioned in this post, just Google it.And some of the apps in this list are xposed modules so you can only install them using the xposed installer app.With that being said let’s do this.
1.The first app on the list is Xposed installer. Xposed installer is one of the first apps that I install after I root a device .because with this app you can do a lot of amazing things by using its hundreds of modules that you can download for free and also you can couple this app with other apps to enable more features.It is a wonderful application that every root user should check out.
2.Viper4android is an audio enhancing software. It is not like an ordinary equalizer, it’s clever coding really helps you to make any crappy sounding speaker really good.It is a fully fledged audio equalizer, if you are an audiophile this is a must have app.
3.Next app on the list is Greenify, it is the best battery saver app for android.This app kills all the background running processes to reduce battery consumption. I know most of you have already heard about this app, those who haven’t heard of it please install this app and use it. It is really awesome
4.Flash fire is an on-device firmware flasher, in other words, it is an app version of a custom recovery.
Using this app you can flash firmware packages and you can also backup and restore ROMs and it also has many other functionalities that are very useful.
5.Resolution changer does what it says it helps you to change the resolution of your phone, there are many apps out there which do the same thing, most of them have the same UI as well. So yeah check it out if you are interested
6.Titanium backup is one of the most recognizable names in the android community. The easiest way to explain this app is by saying ” this is the king of all backup apps”. I mean literally, you could backup the whole phone.And restore whenever you want to. There are some features in this app that you could never see in any other It might not have a material UI, but the fact that this app does what it claims is the only reason why this app still the no 1 choice among root users.
7.Next one on the list is screen recorder apps. There are a bunch of good screen recorder apps, but none of them allows you to record internal audio without root access. So I’m gonna name a few of my favorite screen recorders that allow you to record internal audio. RecMe and SCR PRO are the only apps that work on all device, but if you have a Samsung device then you can try out game recorder+ and mobizen.
8.Next one is Kernel auditor, with this app you can tweak settings of the kernel.With the new update, they added so many features into this app. You can overclock your phone’s CPU a little bit with this app, and it also has a bunch of other cool features that can make your device at least 5 times better. If you like customizing old android phones then you should definitely check this one out
9.Lucky Patcher is a very popular app among root users because it is basically a packed multifunctional tool which you can use for removing license verification, faking in-app purchases and disabling an app component or for disabling ads on a particular app.It can be also used for patching several other cool stuff too.
10.GLTools is an awesome app. And it is one of the, I guess best examples of what a root app can do.So, in a nutshell, it is a graphics optimiser, so what I meant by that is with this app you can control the texture and shaders quality and much more simply saying it gives you full control over mainly 3d graphics. So this app will help you to play those HD games on a low-end device.
11.SetCPU is an app that you can use if you want to overclock your phone’s CPU. Before you use this app make sure that your device mainly the kernel and ROM support overclocking. The user interface is pretty simple as well
12.I have already covered this app -Servicely in my best battery saver apps video. So if you don’t know what this app does is,basically it will kill all background running apps to save battery power.
It is a great alternative to greenify, And it is super easy to setup
13. AdAway is an another popular root app. I don’t support ad blocking because I get paid from the ads on my videos. If you are using AdBlock right now please don’t use it on your primary browser, if you visit a lot of non-trusted sites then use AdBlock on a secondary browser and use that browser to visit those sites. You all know what this app does, you can use this app to block ads on your apps and on the websites that you visit.
14.Terminal Emulator is an application that will allow you to access android’s built-in Linux command line shell. For those who didn’t understand what I’m saying, it basically allows you to execute Linux terminal commands on your phone. And it is not for you if you don’t know what a terminal is.
15. System App Remover pretty much does what it says. It will help you remove those unwanted bloatware apps that came with your phone. You can also use this app to batch uninstall multiple apps at once with one single tap.It is very useful app.Check it out.
16. ES File Explorer is not a root only app, the only reason why this app is in this particular list is because it is best root file explorer. I have used many many file explorer, but still, none of them came close to es file explorer in term of features and usability. It is still the file explorer that I recommend to anyone, I want to try something different but they all lack something that I really cannot live without.
17. I have been rooting and customizing and trying out various thing for a long time and I never came across this app 3c toolbox until I started working on this video. I feel so stupid right now, it is my new favorite root app, It is really great. it does a lot of things, you can tweak pretty much everything from the UI to the kernel. it is a really powerful, so use it only if you know what you are doing.Otherwise, you will end up with a dead phone.
18. Pimp My ROM is another awesome that will let you tweak your device’s ROM. you can improve the sound quality, network speed, display pretty much everything.I can talk about this app for at least an hour, I’m not gonna do that. It is such a great tool that every root user should try out once.
19. There is a file called build.prop on every android build, it is one of the core files of an android os. it contains information regarding build settings and properties.. there is an app specifically for editing this file to unlock new features and improve various things. it is of course called build prop editor it is free in the google play store so check it out.
20. The next app is Boot Animations. It does exactly what you would expect it can change the boot animation of your device. You can either choose from a variety of boot animations from the app or you can import boot animations from your sd card. The app is well designed and very easy to use. So if you are interested in changing the boot animation of your device then this is the way to go.
21. Gravitybox might be the popular root apps of all time because it is so fun and easy to use. most of us root our devices to customize UI, If you are one of those people, you should definitely check out gravity box, it is the king of android customization, it is so good. You can customize the navbar, status bar pretty much anything that you can think of.It is such a great tool that it is the first app that everyone in the android community recommends to a user who just rooted their device.
22.Xblast tools is very similar to gravitybox, both does pretty much the same thing, that is, it helps you customize UI like crazy. You, of course, need Xposed installer to make this app work. You can download this app from the download section of Xposed installer. There are a ton of things that you can do with this app, you can tweak status bar, notification panel, you can add new features, you can do a ton of stuff, I’m not gonna explain any of it, it is pretty straight forward, the UI is very user-friendly.I highly recommend you to check it out.
23.Netcut is the next app on the list and it is awesome, so basically this app will allow you to monitor and control your wireless network directly from your phone. You can control the bandwidth given to each user, that basically means you can control the download speed of a particular user. If you have an annoying neighbor who always steals data from you then this app will come in handy. And you can set on and off time to any users, It is a really awesome app. Check it out
24.I’m using a new app called ICE box for the past few days and oh boy it is an awesome app. It is kind of hard to explain what exactly this app does without being too complicated.i’ll try my best. Icebox is an app freezer, it basically freezes an app and hides it from the launcher.So freezing an app means, disabling it from accessing any resource, that basically means force stopping the app forever so they will not consume battery or run in the background. In other words, this app puts an app in a cage.It has a really good UI and it is very easy to use as well, Just select the apps that you want to freeze and tap on this button. It is a great app you should definitely check it out.
25. the next app tasker is possibly the hardest app to use. It might be very easy for you, but it took a whole day to figure out how to make this app work, I watched many videos and read many articles and I still haven’t completely figured out.So tasker is an automation app. It might not sound like a big deal to you now. But once you actually use this app to automate some actions you will realize how helpful this app is. The first thing that you need to do after installing this app is, go to preferences and then uncheck the beginner’s mode because doing so will unlock a bunch of useful features. To give you an idea of what this app is all about- I will tell you some things that this app can do for you. It can put your phone on silent when you go to sleep, it can automatically turn off wifi and turn on data connection when you leave your home, it can change wallpaper every day automatically It is an awesome app. As I said earlier it not that easy to setup, so I will leave a link to a video tutorial in the description.So check out that as well.
26. Battery Calibration is an app that can, you guessed it right . can calibrate battery of a device. I don’t know how much it is gonna improve battery life. But the reviews are pretty positive so I think it works well. I don’t know how to test whether this app works or not, so anyway, check it out.
27. For the next spot, I considered firewall apps, the first app that came to my mind was root firewall, it is a great app with easy to understand UI. But then I thought about an old favorite of mine, xprivacy, It is not just a firewall, it can do a lot more than that. Android introduced the ability to change app permissions in android L, but before that there was no ethical way to modify app permissions. So people used xprivacy, it a wonderful application that will let you modify app permissions. you can use this app to block network connections basically doing the function of a firewall. This app really comes in handy if you are using an old android device.
28 .ROM Manager is an app that all of us come across when we learn about custom ROMs and how to install them.It is a neat software that allows users to install and update custom ROMs and custom recovery.There are also options for backup and restoring rom’s and partitioning sd card.
29. L speed is the next app on the list. it is pretty much like any other app that I talked about previously. You can improve the performance of your device, you can tweak the kernel, you can do a lot of stuff. But what separates this app from the rest is it’s UI. It is well designed and simple.
30. ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) is the next app on the list. When I was picking apps for this video, I purposely avoided this app, because of two reasons,no1 it bricks most devices if you don’t know how to use this app and no2 it doesn’t really give a dramatic difference in the performance of a device, yeah sure! you will get more RAM, but it doesn’t always translate to better performance.
After some thinking, I decided to include this app on the list because it is one of those apps that really shows what android is, how versatile android is I didn’t include some CyanogenMod apps because it only works on certain devices and it normally bricks the phone if you install those apps on an unsupported device. And I tried to make this diverse as much as possible that’s why it took be 2 weeks to write the post.Anyway If I missed any of your favorite root apps, let me know in the comments below.